Why Choose Us
When working with Land Of Sky Home Inspections, customers are guaranteed high-quality service from start to finish; every aspect is top notch because we pride ourselves on delivering only excellence throughout each transaction: communication skills, professionalism at its finest level plus attention to detail, which ensures accuracy no matter how big or small.
A standard home inspection in North carolina includes a physical analysis of the property, with attention paid to every detail. We will inspect your house and its systems closely; we’re looking out for anything that might be wrong or could cause problems down the road!
We inspect the following and for a complete list of all inspection items and exceptions, please read here: North Carolina’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
A standard home inspection.
Additional Services We Offer
Seller’s Home Inspection
Sellers can elect to have their home inspected before listing it on the market. This can help avoid surprises for sellers during the sale of their home.
New Construction Inspection
Similar to older homes, newly built homes can have defects which need to be repaired before moving in. A home inspection ensures that the buyer will be moving into a fully functional home, as promised by the builder.
11-Month Warranty Inspection
Most new homes come with a 1-year Warranty. Before the warranty period ends the homeowner can have a home inspection done. This can uncover any defects that have arisen in the first year of ownership.
These inspections often take on a different format. Working closely with the landlord or property manager, the scope of the inspection is determined. Depending on the property, other professionals may be required to inspect commercial systems.
A special camera allows the inspector to see air leaks, high moisture areas, overheated breakers and more. This camera is not used for every inspection, but can be helpful to confirm suspicions of defects that are not able to be seen by the naked eye.
Your home inspector will collect a water sample and send it to the lab for review. The water samples can be scanned for some or all of the following: Total Coliform, E. coli, Nitrite, Lead, pH, Total Dissolved Solids, Iron, Total Alkalinity, Copper, Phosphorus, Total Chlorine, Free Chlorine, and Turbidity.
Wood-Destroying Insect Inspection
Termites and powderpost beetles are common in our area. A professional WDI inspector can help you find signs of activity, damaged areas and give you an estimate for treatment.
Termite inspections are performed by a licensed pest inspector.
Radon Gas Testing
Radon gas is naturally produced from the radioactive breakdown of uranium, thorium, and radium. Radon gas is the second leading cause of lung cancer. It is invisible, odorless, and tasteless — making it impossible to detect without specialized equipment.
Unfortunately, many homes in Western North Carolina have radon levels above 4.0 picocuries/liter (the EPA action threshold). We test for radon by running a 48-hour test in the home, using our RadonEye Pro monitors.
A Standard Home Inspection Includes:
- Columns or piers
- Wall cladding, flashings, and trim
- Entryway doors and windows
- Garage door operators
- Decks, balconies, stoops, steps, porches, and railings
- Eaves, soffits, and fascia
- Driveways, patios, walkways, and retaining walls
- Vegetation, grading, and drainage
- Roof coverings
- Roof drainage systems
- Skylights, chimneys, and roof penetrations
- Signs of leaks or abnormal condensation on building components
- Interior water supply and distribution system
- Interior drain, waste, and vent system
- Hot water systems
- Fuel storage and distribution systems
- Sump pumps
- Electrical service equipment, grounding equipment, shut-off devices, and interiors of panelboards
- Operation of lighting and fan fixtures, switches, and receptacles
- Operation of GFCIs
- Smoke detectors and installed carbon monoxide alarms
- Heating equipment
- Chimneys, flues, and vents
- Solid fuel heating devices
- Heat distribution systems
- Central air conditioning and ductless installed cooling systems
- Cooling distribution systems
- Walls, ceiling, and floors
- Steps, stairways, balconies, and railings;
- Counters and built-in cabinets
- Doors and windows
Insulation and Ventilation
- Insulation and vapor retarders
- Ventilation of attics and foundation areas
- Kitchen, bathroom, and laundry venting systems
Built-in Kitchen Appliances
- Installed dishwasher
- Range and oven
- Trash compactor
- Garbage disposal
- Range hood
- Installed microwave oven
Josh Finkler, Home Inspector Serving Asheville, NC and Surrounding Areas
Land of Sky Home Inspections provides professional home inspection services in Buncombe County, Henderson County, Madison County, McDowell County, Haywood County, and Transylvania County. Communities we service include Asheville, Arden, Avery Creek, Bent Creek, Biltmore Forest, Black Mountain, Fairview, Marion, Montreat, Old Fort, Royal Pines, Swannanoa, Weaverville, Woodfin, Marshall, Hendersonville, Waynesville, and surrounding areas. Not sure if that’s you? Give us a call at (828) 713-1512 or send us an email.